Monday, February 3, 2014

Canon 70-200 f4L - Initial impressions.


I recently picked up a new lens! It's the Canon 70-200 f4L. (non-IS) 

Got it for a really good deal, on eBay. 

Here's a little look at my first impressions of the lens. 

First off, I know I am not as crazy about the sharpness as I am about my 24-105 f4L IS. That said, it's still a legendary L lens. I really can't complain too much...

The internal zoom feature is nice, so you don't have to worry about things like zoom creep, etc. I wish the zoom ring had a little more resistance though. 

It's much smaller than the 70-200 2.8L lens, which is nice if you like to pack light. 

Hmm. What else to say about this lens? It's a great lens for the money, compared to lower end lenses in the Canon lineup. I'd recommend it for anyone who needs a longer telephoto/zoom lens, and has a little extra to spend. I picked up mine for $375 including shipping - you'll generally pay more like $450.

First shot was with my second camera - iPhone. :) 










Haha... it was raining. What else do you do when it's raining, besides take weird pictures?



No comments:

Post a Comment